[IMP]erial League
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

[IMP]erial League

#1 competitive Pokemon clan

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Sign-ups to become a gym leader are open now!

Spikes: They're everywhere.

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
-Manaphy--

-Manaphy--

Spikes: They're everywhere. Empty
PostSubject: Spikes: They're everywhere.   Spikes: They're everywhere. EmptyWed 13 Jun 2012, 9:30 pm

Oh god seriously why is this move on every team?

I mean I have to stick Forretress/Tentacruel/Excadrill on every team just to deal with it. And I can't run Ferro because it doesn't get Rapid Spin. Sad

Although I have to say, Toxic/Pain Spilt/Spikes/Rapid Spin Forry is great.

Anyway discuss here!

Back to top Go down
Redrame

Redrame

PostSubject: Re: Spikes: They're everywhere.   Spikes: They're everywhere. EmptyWed 13 Jun 2012, 9:54 pm

It's on every team because the damage from it is so much more consistent than SR. It's also so nicely stackable in a meta where Skarm and Forre can frequently wall Arceus and many other top threats. The only pokes I can think of that are strong and unaffected by spikes are Lugia, Ho-oh, and Rayquaza, Giratina-O, Shaymin-S, and Skarmory. All but the last two are weak to SR, and I only really see Rayquaza and Giratina-O anyway. Ho-oh sometimes, but its so weak to SR that you don't need more hazards.

So yeah, spikes are amazing, especially with some of the best pokes in the metagame spinblocking and mediocre ones spinning.
Back to top Go down
Problems
Problems

PostSubject: Re: Spikes: They're everywhere.   Spikes: They're everywhere. EmptyFri 15 Jun 2012, 10:08 am

Redrame wrote:
It's on every team because the damage from it is so much more consistent than SR. It's also so nicely stackable in a meta where Skarm and Forre can frequently wall Arceus and many other top threats. The only pokes I can think of that are strong and unaffected by spikes are Lugia, Ho-oh, and Rayquaza, Giratina-O, Shaymin-S, and Skarmory. All but the last two are weak to SR, and I only really see Rayquaza and Giratina-O anyway. Ho-oh sometimes, but its so weak to SR that you don't need more hazards.

So yeah, spikes are amazing, especially with some of the best pokes in the metagame spinblocking and mediocre ones spinning.

This ^ it's quite annoying about running a rapid spinner I feel your pain Mana, what I find funny is kids who sack their walls just to set up harzards, I feel most people can't effectively use hazards anyway. But that extra spot without a tent or fort would be so useful!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Spikes: They're everywhere.   Spikes: They're everywhere. Empty

Back to top Go down

Spikes: They're everywhere.
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
[IMP]erial League :: Competitive Pokemon :: Gen 5 Ubers Discussion-
Jump to: