[IMP]erial League
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

[IMP]erial League

#1 competitive Pokemon clan

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Sign-ups to become a gym leader are open now!

Interesting Pokemon to build a team around

Go down 
+11
Juanca
Finchinator
Temptation
Unchained
Nexus
Blim
1HorsePWR
Red
Lavos
Marth
Max
15 posters
AuthorMessage
Max
Admin
Admin
Max

Interesting Pokemon to build a team around Empty
PostSubject: Interesting Pokemon to build a team around   Interesting Pokemon to build a team around EmptyMon 23 Apr 2012, 5:12 pm

Lately I've been bored of teambuilding as, except for the odd team with some gimmicky/fun Pokemon combinations, I'm in a bit of a teambuilding slump. I feel as if I've tried almost everything that OU has to offer, sweeper-wise.

This thread is dedicated to interesting Sweepers that aren't too well known or used.

(Example: Dragon Dance Dragonite is not to be posted in this thread, whilst Scarf Moxie Salamence is. Also common Pokemon with weird sets, etc.)
Back to top Go down
Marth

PostSubject: Re: Interesting Pokemon to build a team around   Interesting Pokemon to build a team around EmptyTue 24 Apr 2012, 10:29 pm

Hmm,

you could try the following ive tried them and they are all pretty nice

Trick Room Reuniclus

Calm Mind Latias

Sub CM Dpulse recover
CM reflect type dpulse recover

alakazam,

feraligatr

Sub NP hydropump icebeam/grassknot simipour

Back to top Go down
Lavos

Lavos

PostSubject: Re: Interesting Pokemon to build a team around   Interesting Pokemon to build a team around EmptyWed 25 Apr 2012, 12:14 am

just swept 6-0 with a scarftoed, gotta say Choice Scarf Poli is wayyyy underrated

but seriously, one mon that absolutely tears shit up is Nasty Plot Lucario, priority Vacuum Wave can be a real bitch, and the HP Ice + Dark Pulse doesn't hurt either. I used this on one of my most recent teams and it performed very well (it was a troll volbeat team that only got 1450 or so, but still)
Back to top Go down
Max
Admin
Admin
Max

PostSubject: Re: Interesting Pokemon to build a team around   Interesting Pokemon to build a team around EmptyWed 25 Apr 2012, 7:45 am

Thanks for the suggestions. I've made a lot of decently high ranking teams with TrickReuniclus, as it's just such a beast. I've been wanting to make a cm Latias team, and Reflect type is good but maybe too gimmicky and outclassed by Sub/HP Fire/Roar. Never tried NP Lucario, but I assume it wrecks Stall teams but I can't imagine it beating those annoying Volt Turn Sand teams, due to Landorus.
Back to top Go down
Red

Red

PostSubject: Re: Interesting Pokemon to build a team around   Interesting Pokemon to build a team around EmptyWed 25 Apr 2012, 11:26 pm

from what ive seen, a ton of teams are extremely unprepared for mix Dnite

Draco Meteor/Outrage/EQ/Fire Blast
Back to top Go down
Lavos

Lavos

PostSubject: Re: Interesting Pokemon to build a team around   Interesting Pokemon to build a team around EmptyWed 25 Apr 2012, 11:34 pm

^this^
Back to top Go down
1HorsePWR

1HorsePWR

PostSubject: Re: Interesting Pokemon to build a team around   Interesting Pokemon to build a team around EmptyThu 26 Apr 2012, 6:09 pm

mixnite is p good actually

i used it on a team with something like dnite/tr reuniclus/cb scizor/rotom-w/scarf terrak/air balloon tran

fun team is fun
Back to top Go down
Blim

PostSubject: Re: Interesting Pokemon to build a team around   Interesting Pokemon to build a team around EmptyFri 27 Apr 2012, 9:40 am

Nasty Plot Mew / Azelf are 2 interesting mons that' worth building around.
Back to top Go down
Nexus

Nexus

PostSubject: Re: Interesting Pokemon to build a team around   Interesting Pokemon to build a team around EmptyFri 27 Apr 2012, 5:19 pm

Stoutland team should be challenging. Or maybe even subDD gyarados
Back to top Go down
Unchained

Unchained

PostSubject: Re: Interesting Pokemon to build a team around   Interesting Pokemon to build a team around EmptySat 28 Apr 2012, 11:15 am

Headsmash Cbanded Relicanth(he old fish thing) with no recoil damage :O

It like 2hkos everything and sand(boosts spec def) and rain(boosts waterfall stab) both help it troll so hard! Send it in after a poke is kod and HEADSMASH! lololo

252 att then add bulk in hp ect
- Headsmash
- Waterfall
- Earthquake
- Random filler

Its fun to use sort of like Sharpedo in rain with life orb but slow as hell instead of lightning speed.
Back to top Go down
Max
Admin
Admin
Max

PostSubject: Re: Interesting Pokemon to build a team around   Interesting Pokemon to build a team around EmptySun 29 Apr 2012, 9:21 am

Out of these latest replys the only interesting ones seem Mew with Nasty Plot, even though it's not often going to get a few sweep, but probably helps make holes, and the other one is Stoutland, even though I hate that stupid dog thing... Hmmm... Thanks Everyone, btw!
Back to top Go down
Temptation

PostSubject: Re: Interesting Pokemon to build a team around   Interesting Pokemon to build a team around EmptySun 29 Apr 2012, 2:20 pm

I loved SubSD Heracross with para support
it is interesting and it works better than you might think

btw if you use mixednite go for dragon gem and multiscale it is just better

Another really interesting thing is SubQuiver Dance lilligant with sleep powder and petal dance, it really sweeps easily in OU and nobody in OU has 2 checks for it, most offensive teams don't even have one
Back to top Go down
Marth

PostSubject: Re: Interesting Pokemon to build a team around   Interesting Pokemon to build a team around EmptyMon 30 Apr 2012, 5:56 am

thing is in this current meta especially above 1600+ you aren't going to find a pokemon that just sweeps everything other than gatr because hes a fucking beast, you might get the occasional lucky sweep but i wouldn't really call anything other than something like gatr a sweeper or perhaps rain rachi etc,

tr reuniclus is probably your best bet still.
Back to top Go down
Max
Admin
Admin
Max

PostSubject: Re: Interesting Pokemon to build a team around   Interesting Pokemon to build a team around EmptyMon 30 Apr 2012, 8:34 pm

Yeah, you're definitely right Marth. Trick Room Reuniclus is a very interesting Pokemon and I'll look into it, as it fits in any weather and stuff and is awesome in general.

Sun Trick Room anyone?
Back to top Go down
Finchinator

PostSubject: Re: Interesting Pokemon to build a team around   Interesting Pokemon to build a team around EmptyTue 01 May 2012, 11:30 pm

You can go SD ferrothorn or you can go home...jk an interesting pomkeon to build a team around is rain volcarona, i did succesfuly on smogon but i don't see anyone else doing so
it's a great poke I love you
Back to top Go down
Juanca

Juanca

PostSubject: Re: Interesting Pokemon to build a team around   Interesting Pokemon to build a team around EmptyWed 02 May 2012, 2:55 am

an intersting poke would be scarf mienshao.....u turn,hi jum kick,stone edge and hp ice...it does wonders, KOs landorus after rocks and catches banded terrakions off guard and good over all poke...it did great for me tbh
Back to top Go down
Stads

PostSubject: Re: Interesting Pokemon to build a team around   Interesting Pokemon to build a team around EmptyWed 02 May 2012, 7:04 pm

If you have decent paralysis support (don't forget glare), smack down landorus can be a bitch to beat.

Run with lefties or life orb, with:
- Earthquake
- Smack Down

Then pick 2:
- Substitute
- Hidden Power Ice
- U-turn

+252 attack +252 speed +4 hp jolly, ofc. Though somewhat easily outsped usual counters such as skarmory are literally smacked in the face, then STAB earthquaked.
Back to top Go down
Juanca

Juanca

PostSubject: Re: Interesting Pokemon to build a team around   Interesting Pokemon to build a team around EmptyThu 03 May 2012, 12:48 pm

your mom works great....naa jk but u guys should try sub,eq,se and hp ice life orb landorus in a sand team...that nigga hits like a MONSTAH...it does like 83% to gastro in the sand...but of course...u could try it with smack those hoes instead of SE due to the common FUCKING BITCH ASS MISS
Back to top Go down
Unchained

Unchained

PostSubject: Re: Interesting Pokemon to build a team around   Interesting Pokemon to build a team around EmptyTue 15 May 2012, 5:23 am

I run scarf lando atm but i might try life orb... Hammer arm ohko ttar and abomnasnow with xbelt so might use that for a bit.
Back to top Go down
Addax
Leader
Leader

PostSubject: Re: Interesting Pokemon to build a team around   Interesting Pokemon to build a team around EmptyThu 17 May 2012, 10:39 pm

I will post some of the pokemons I've tried and worked pretty well:

Porygon Z - Hello 898 spa ( download + choice specs ): I used it in a sand team ( my first good team - got to 1598 - 1600 ) and then in a rain team, got to 1540 so far ). People just dont know what to use to stop it due to bolt beam + tri attack + ( signal beam / shadow ball/hp fire ) it covers basically everything. Btw: Ice beam + specs + download does about 60% to ferrothorn so I run signal beam for ttar. and tri attack does like 30-40% to blissey/chansey on the switch.

Crawdaunt ( thats right, trick room + crawdaunt ) give it choice band and just spam crab hammer, It ohkos almost the ENTIRE metagame in rain. The only thing that stopped it obviously is water absorb jellicent ( if youre locked in the crabhammer, if not, crunch the bitch and its dead ). Give it a try, seriously!

Trick Room Reuniclus: Yeah. Mentioned above.

Nasty plot mew: Mentioned above.

Calm mind Latios: Just. Try. It. lol.

Dragon dance Ttar: I just love this thing.

Kingdra + Rain dance: Comments not needed.

SHARPEDO: Ok. Try using sharpedo in rain. Im SERIOUS, this thing KILLS.

Electivire: For some reason due to its movepool, if you get it speeded up ( get rotom to volt switch it ) you can kill things.

Machamp: comments not needed Im guessing.

I have a huge list of interesting unused pokemons, I'm sure marth / TG remember when I used Crawdaunt and after I use smash pass it pretty much ohkoed anything...
Back to top Go down
Blaze

Blaze

PostSubject: Re: Interesting Pokemon to build a team around   Interesting Pokemon to build a team around EmptySun 20 May 2012, 8:20 pm

Serene Grace Cobalion
Lighting Rod Vaporeon
Contrary Flareon,
Sand Stream Cradlily,
Sand Rush Torterra,
Huge Power Aerodactyl.
Back to top Go down
Max
Admin
Admin
Max

PostSubject: Re: Interesting Pokemon to build a team around   Interesting Pokemon to build a team around EmptySun 20 May 2012, 8:22 pm

._.

Huge Power Deoxys-A.
Contrary Latios.
Back to top Go down
N.V.

PostSubject: Re: Interesting Pokemon to build a team around   Interesting Pokemon to build a team around EmptyMon 21 May 2012, 11:07 am

- Belly drum Poliwrath

- Rampardos

- Moxiemence

- Mixed Kyurem

- Bulk Up Drain Punch Mew.

All would be cool.
Back to top Go down
Max
Admin
Admin
Max

PostSubject: Re: Interesting Pokemon to build a team around   Interesting Pokemon to build a team around EmptyMon 21 May 2012, 2:23 pm

MoxieMence is awesome (I like it scarfed) and Mew wold be good if Scald wasn't the most used move in OU.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Interesting Pokemon to build a team around   Interesting Pokemon to build a team around Empty

Back to top Go down

Interesting Pokemon to build a team around
Page 1 of 1