[IMP]erial League
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

[IMP]erial League

#1 competitive Pokemon clan

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Sign-ups to become a gym leader are open now!

[Wifi OU] Best Volturn Counters

Go down 
+3
Juanca
Pride
Unchained
7 posters
AuthorMessage
Unchained

Unchained

[Wifi OU] Best Volturn Counters Empty
PostSubject: [Wifi OU] Best Volturn Counters   [Wifi OU] Best Volturn Counters EmptyTue 15 May 2012, 5:30 am

Yeah what do you guys think are the best thing for these damn Rotom-W/Scizor combos?

Back to top Go down
Pride
Admin
Admin
Pride

PostSubject: Re: [Wifi OU] Best Volturn Counters   [Wifi OU] Best Volturn Counters EmptyTue 15 May 2012, 9:46 am

Physically defensive Gastrodon is hands down the best one IMO
SDef Bulk up loom also works well If u can get him in on room wash and get a turn of setup so uturn doesn't KO, though rain is kinda a must for this I work efficiently

There are other "pseudo-counters" aka things that can sponge rotom wash and run hp fire to nail sciZor (celebs, latias etc) but they aren't true counters because none can actually take band uturns well at all
Back to top Go down
http://www.impleague.com
Juanca

Juanca

PostSubject: Re: [Wifi OU] Best Volturn Counters   [Wifi OU] Best Volturn Counters EmptyTue 15 May 2012, 11:58 pm

i would say venusaur...hp fire scizor and energy ball/seed bomb rotom-w and sub volcarona (if rotom isnt scarfed and u have a sub when the opponent brings in rotom) or volca after a quiver dance (max hp i guess or if sun even better)
Back to top Go down
Max
Admin
Admin
Max

PostSubject: Re: [Wifi OU] Best Volturn Counters   [Wifi OU] Best Volturn Counters EmptyWed 16 May 2012, 12:05 pm

I like Roserade and Breloom but there are many "psuedo" counters to the tactic. Lures can be interesting too (Terrakion as they Volt Switch, or whatever, Protect, and then Magnezone - not an amazing play, but something along those lines).
Back to top Go down
Problems
Problems

PostSubject: Re: [Wifi OU] Best Volturn Counters   [Wifi OU] Best Volturn Counters EmptySun 20 May 2012, 5:24 pm

Looking at a couple of counter vol-turn teams, shaymin is a good poke to stop the switching it takes uturns well, bar Scizor.. Also it oks alot of pokes for when they switch in even 1 hits avg scizor with hp fire
Back to top Go down
N.V.

PostSubject: Re: [Wifi OU] Best Volturn Counters   [Wifi OU] Best Volturn Counters EmptyMon 21 May 2012, 11:03 am

I use it all the time, the best counter by far are: HP fire CM latias, Regen Tangrowth and Zapdos. Zapdos will be the ultimate Scrotom counter once it has volt absorb. Tormentran can be a nightmare too should it set up.
Back to top Go down
The Mupa97

PostSubject: Re: [Wifi OU] Best Volturn Counters   [Wifi OU] Best Volturn Counters EmptyFri 25 May 2012, 9:54 pm

Basically anything that can take both a Hydro Pump and a Volt Switch from Rotom-W (like Grass types and Dragon types) that outrun Scizor that can OHKO it with Hidden Power Fire is a counter to Volt Turn.

Also, Chansey is a major problem to Volt Turn teams because all CB Scizor's U-turn does is around 35-40% to a standard Eviolite Chansey. Chansey can scout out for Superpower and Trick from the two as well, and then eventually wear Scizor and Rotom-W down with Toxic.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: [Wifi OU] Best Volturn Counters   [Wifi OU] Best Volturn Counters Empty

Back to top Go down

[Wifi OU] Best Volturn Counters
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
[IMP]erial League :: Competitive Pokemon :: Gen 5 OverUsed Dicussion-
Jump to: